Saturday, July 16, 2011

Swinging back the other way!

So right now I'm feeling good about my decision again.  I kind of feel like a swinging pendulum (on a clock).  Its not that I feel completely different on either side.  I still have the same thoughts and concerns, it's just a matter of which are stronger feelings at any given point in time.

I added a countdown clock to the blog.  I was feeling like October 4th is really close, but really to see when I added the countdown it's still 80 days away, made me feel a little better!!  Plus when I called to ask the plastic surgeons office a question, I told the lady on the phone who I was and she said, "oh yes, you're the one scheduled way out there".... yes I guess I am? I also got a call from the pre-op scheduler saying it's too early to actually schedule the hospital pre-op appointments so she'll be calling me back in a few weeks.

I also got a call from the breast surgeon on Wednesday.  I really love that she calls me directly and speaks to me personally rather than having a nurse or assistant call.  She was just wanting me schedule my MRI for September instead of July so that it is closer to the time of surgery.  She indicated that this way if the MRI was completely clear she'd be okay with not doing the sentinel node biopsy if I didn't want to.  I've already decided to go ahead and do it though, so that doesn't really make a difference.  But this will also provide an opportunity to meet with her again a week prior to surgery to review the MRI results and ask any other questions I have.  I feel like I should have a lot of questions still, but I don't really know what they are.  I'm kind of feeling like between my appointment with her the last week of September and my pre-op appointment with the plastic surgeon September 19th, I should have all my questions answered. 

The breast surgeon also offered to fill out my FMLA paperwork if I got the recommendation for recovery time from the plastic surgeon.  They're going to recommend up to 6 weeks.  I hope to get that all filled out and submitted by the end of this month, so we can start planning at work what they're going to do while I'm gone.  I'm hoping we can get my recently "reduced" employee to come in at least on a temporary basis since she's already trained (and I really wish she still worked with us anyway).  On a monthly delivery system like we have that means they'll basically have to go through one full cycle, prepare and start the next and be prepared for the third before I get back, if I'm gone for the full 6 weeks.  I'm fairly confident though that If we set things In place like I would recommend they would be okay.  Plus this should be around the time of a new software implementation that should (in theory) make some of that easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment